- Compatible XF Versions 1.x
- 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5
Audio player which plays attached .mp3 audio files.
(Example of Audio Plus player in a post)
- Automatically inserts an audio player for each .mp3 attachment.
- Create a post.
- Upload a .mp3 audio file using the "Upload a File" button.
- Save Changes.
- Audio player is automatically inserted into message.
- Click play button to listen to audio.
- Download audioplus_v1.6.zip and unzip it.
- Upload the Andy folder to your server. The correct location will be library/Andy.
- From your Admin Control Panel, go to the "Install Add-on" page.
- Upload the addon-AudioPlus_v1.6.xml file.
- Click the Install Add-on button.
- Create a /tmp/ folder in your web root and set permissions to 0777.
- Create a /misc/ folder in your web root.
- Upload the following file from the Andy/AudioPlus/ folder to your /misc/ folder:
- Edit the audio_plus.php file and update the first two variables.
- In the Admin Control Panel, update "Maximum Attachment File Size (KB)" to 3072, this will allow a maximum of 3MB audio files to be uploaded.
- In the Admin Control Panel, update "Allowed Attachment File Extensions" to include mp3 files.
- In the EXTRA.css template add the following code:
This add-on requires the Unregistered / Unconfirmed user group to have "View attachments to posts" setting set to "Allow".
Questions and Answers:
Q: I get the following error message after uploading a file, "There was a problem uploading your file".
A: This means your php.ini maximum upload setting needs to be increased.
Q: Will this add the audio player to any previous posts with .mp3 attachments?