- Compatible XF Versions 2.x
For $25.00 USD this add-on along with the entire collection may be downloaded for up to one year. Please see the colletion in the Resources area at this URL:
Note: all my XF1 add-ons are still 100% free and are supported by donations.
Banner management system.
Displays random banners in your header, forum list, forum view and thread view.
The Banner add-on is designed for self hosted banners, these banners images are served from your server.
(Example of banner in forum list)
(Example of Banner admin link in visitor tab)
(Example of Banner admin page)
(Example of Options page)
(Example of User group permissions)
- Multiple banners can be displayed at the same time for each location. The number of banners to display per location is set in the Options page.
- Banners are displayed in random order, each page reload displays a new set of banners.
- All phrases start with banner_ for your convenience.
- Download Andy-Banner-1.3.zip and unzip it.
- Copy the src/addons/Andy/Banner directory to your server.
- From the Admin Control Panel Install the add-on.
- In the Admin Control Panel, go to User group permissions and set the user groups you want to display banners to.
- In the Visitor tab, click the Banner admin link.
- In the Banner admin page, click the Add link.
- Fill out the information and save.
- Create a folder on your server to store your banner images.
- Upload banner images to your banner folder.
Q: What is a good dimension for a banner?
A: I suggest 375 x 60.
This add-on will add a table called xf_andy_banner to your database.