- Compatible XF Versions 1.x
- 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5
A banner management system that will allow display rotating banners in your sidebar, forum list, forum view and thread view.
The Banner add-on is designed for self hosted banners, these banners images are served from your server.
(Example of banner in sidebar)
(Example of banner at top of forum list)
(Example of banner at bottom of forum list)
(Example of Banner options)
(Example of Banner Admin link)
(Example of Admin page)
(Example of Add page)
(Example of Group Permissions)
- Multiple banners can be displayed at the same time for each location.
- Banners are displayed in random order, each page reload displays a new set of banners.
- Banner are scaled to fit on small displays.
- Option to remove banners at locations #2, #3 and #4 in responsive.
- All phrases start with banner_ for your convenience.
This add-on requires the Sidebar Positions add-on if you would like to place banners in the sidebar.
- Download banner_v3.6.zip and unzip it.
- Upload the Andy directory to your server, the correct location is library/Andy directory.
- From your Admin Control Panel, go to the Install Add-on page.
- Upload the addon-Banner_v3.6.xml file.
- Click the Install Add-on button.
- In the Admin Control Panel, go to User Group Permissions and set the user groups you want to display banners to.
- In the Visitor tab, click the Admin link.
- Click the Add link.
- Fill out the information and select the location(s) the banner will be displayed.
- Create a folder on your server to store your banner images.
- Upload banner images to your banner folder.
Location 1: Side-bar.
Location 2: Top and bottom of forum list.
Location 3: Top and bottom of forum view.
Location 4: Top and bottom of thread view.
Questions and Answers:
Q: Does this require a Default Style?
Q: Will this work with other frameworks?
Q: What does the Expire Date do?
A: It's just a reminder for the admin that the banner advertising contract ends at this future date.
Q: Will this work with scripts like Google AdSense?
A: No. For scripts I suggest the following add-on.
- This add-on will add a table called xf_banner to your database.