- Compatible XF Versions 1.x
- 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5
Most forums have a short time period where a post can be edited by the author. However there are situations when a longer edit time is needed. This add-on provides the admin or moderator the ability to quickly change the edit limit for any individual post.
(Example of Change Limit link)
(Example of Change Limit overlay)
(Example of User Group Permissions)
- Date and Time format based on user language
- All phrases start with changelimit_
- Download changelimit_v1.6.zip and unzip it.
- Upload the Andy folder to your server. The correct location is library/Andy.
- From your Admin Control Panel, go to the "Install Add-on" page.
- Upload the addon-ChangeLimit_v1.6.xml file
- Click the Install Add-on button.
In order to see the Change Limit link below the post, you will need to set the Group Permissions for the Administrative group to Allow.
How to use:
Click the Change Limit link and edit the date and time. The member will be able to edit the post until the date entered. When the date has expired, the member will no longer see the Edit link under the post.
If there's already a change limit override, that date will be shown as confirmation.
To cancel a change limit override, simple submit ton the default date which is the post date, that will remove the change limit override.