- Compatible XF Versions 2.x
This XF2 add-on along with the entire collection can be purchased for $25.00 USD. Your Premium upgrade will allow you to download as many XF2 add-ons as you like for one year. Please see the entire collection located in the Resources area at this URL:
Note: all my XF1 add-ons are still 100% free and are supported by donations.
Sends an email every day showing most popular topics.
An email of the most popular topics is sent to all members and guests that have subscribed to the email subscription.
(Example of Email subscription email)
(Example of Options page)
(Example of Email subscription link in the footer)
(Example of Subscribe/Unsubscribe overlay, guest view)
(Example of Subscribe/Unsubscribe overlay, admin view)
(Example of Email subscription admin page)
(Example of User group permissions)
- Option to allow guests to subscribe to the emails
- Option to exclude forums.
- Option to vary the number of topics sent in the email.
- Option to send test email.
- Admin page to easily manage subscriptions.
- All phrases start with emailsubscription_ for your convenience.
- Download Andy-EmailSubscription-1.6.zip and unzip it.
- Copy the src/addons/Andy/EmailSubscription directory to your server.
- From the Admin Control Panel Install the add-on.
This add-on will add a a table called andy_email_subscription to your database.
Questions and Answers:
Q: Which user group should get "Yes" in the user group permissions?
Q: When are the emails sent?
A: 12:00 PM UTC every day. Adjust the cron entry if you would like to change this time.
Q: Can I change the time the emails are sent?
A: Yes. Change the Email subscription Cron entry.
Q: Can I import data from XF1 version of this add-on?
A: Yes. Add "emailsubscription/import" to your forum URL after you have installed the add-on.