- Compatible XF Versions 1.x
- 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5
If you display Gametracker banners on your ssl secured site, you may get a warning for mixed content as Gametracker does not deliver their banner images via https. With this proxy script you are able to fix this issue.
Note: This is currently not working with the iframe banner!
ATTENTION: If you are "upgrading" from version 1.0, you can delete the folder "gtproxy" as it is no longer needed.
What does this script do?
- The script checks, if the banner url starts with http://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/ to prevent the proxy script being used for any other purposes.
- The script outputs the banner via https://yourdomain.com/gt_proxy.php?dst=*Gametracker image URL*
Download and unzip the resource and upload the file 'gt_proxy.php' to your forum root directory.
Read these steps carefully.
- Copy the banner code from Gametracker and paste it in your desired location (e.g. separate page or sidebar block).
- Append gt_proxy.php?dst= to the image URL. Example:
I'm sure you don't need a screenshot for this workaround as the result should be clear, but you can still look at my server overview: https://tactical-riot-gaming.de/server/