- Compatible XF Versions 1.x
Normally, only the admin can add/remove members to groups. On large forums, this can be a pain and you may want to give this permission to other moderators er even some special users. That is exactly what this addon does.
- Copy the directory upload\library from the archive to your forum directory \library
- From the admin panel, import the the file "addon-NixFifty_GroupModerators.xml"
- Do not create a new group AND at the same time add a group moderator. This will give the error "Mysqli statement execute error : Column 'group_id' cannot be nul". You can create a new group, save it, and then edit the group to add a group moderator.
- I don't know what happens when you have thousands of users assigned to a group. Not sure if this is manageable.
This was a private & paid addon which has been developed by NixFifty on my request. I decided to share this for free with permission from NixFifty. If someone would like to improve this addon, please do and share!
Add a group moderator to an existing group. This can be any user. You can also add multiple users:
The new group moderator can now see the groups in his own control panel:
The group moderator can now manage this group by viewing / adding / removing users: