- Compatible XF Versions 1.x
- 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5
Sends an email to all inactive members.
The email is designed to encourage inactive members to visit your forum and includes a list of latest topics which hopefully sparks an interest.
(Example of Inactive Members email)
(Example of Options page)
- All phrases start with inactivemembers_ for your convenience.
- Download inactivemembers_v3.6.zip and unzip it.
- Upload the Andy folder to your server. The correct location is library/Andy.
- From your Admin Control Panel, go to the "Install Add-on" page.
- Upload the addon-InactiveMembers_v3.6.xml file.
- Click the Install Add-on button.
Sending thousands of emails at one time can cause errors. Using the Options page it's possible to break up the emails into batches, here's an example how to do that:
Make the Minimum Posts be 100 and Maximum Posts be 100,000
Make the Minimum Posts be 10 and Maximum Posts be 99
Make the Minimum Posts be 0 and Maximum Posts be 9
Questions and Answers:
Q: When will emails be sent?
A: Emails are sent the first day of every month.
Q: Are "Receive site mailings" honored?
Q: Are banned members excluded?
Q: Are discouraged members excluded?
Q: Are emails sent to users who have "email invalid (bounced)" user state?
Q: Can the Cron be set to run over one month?
A: No. XenForo has a limit of one month maximum for Cron Entries.
Q: How can I send a test email?
A: In the Options page enter your User ID into the Test User ID field and run the Cron Entry manually. Don't forget to set the field back to 0.