- Compatible XF Versions 1.x
- 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5
Verifies links in posts are valid and reports any which return HTTP status code 404.
Email is sent daily to the admin notifying of dead links.
(Example of results page)
(Example of Email)
(Example of Options page)
(Example of User Group Permissions)
(Example of Link Check in visitors tab)
- Run manually by clicking the Link Check in Visitors tab.
- Cron runs daily.
- List of dead links emailed to admin.
- All phrases start with linkcheck_ for your convenience.
- Download linkcheck_v1.6.zip and unzip it.
- Upload the Andy folder to your server. The correct location is library/Andy.
- From your Admin Control Panel, go to the "Install Add-on" page.
- Upload the addon-LinkCheck_v1.6.xml file.
- Click the Install Add-on button.
Limit: This required switch will determine how many posts will be checked. Only posts with links will be selected, so if you set the limit switch to 200, the first 200 posts with links will be checked.
Offset: This optional switch will allow you to start searching not from the latest post, but from the offset number entered here. Posts are always searched descending order.
User Group Permissions:
Be sure to set the Administrative group to "Allow" so the add-on will function.
Questions and Answers:
Q: Are links checked in other areas of the forum?
A: No. Links are only checked in post messages.
Q: Is it normal for this add-on to take a long time?
A: Yes. On average it takes about a second a post.
Q: Will this also check image links?
A: No. Only links using the [ URL ] BB Code are checked.
Q: Are false positives possible?
A: Yes. Always double check the link, sometimes the server is down when the add-on was checking the link.
Q: Why does the Check Link not show in my visitors tab.
A: This will sometimes occur if you're using a custom style.
Q: How can I bring up the add-on using direct URL?
A: Add /linkcheck/ to your forum URL.