Provides a RSS feed menu for your members to find interesting news articles.
RSS is a great way to get information about latest news from other websites. I read RSS feeds often to keep current and to educate myself on the latest technology, products, current events and other interesting news. I then re-post the very best articles on my forum for my members to discuss.
Each RSS feed is setup by the admin so members can read the latest news.
- RSS feeds displayed as HTML so it works on all devices.
- User Group permissions determine who can view the Admin page.
- Ability to easily create categories.
- Show news feed title and description, or title only.
- Option to show News link in Visitor tab.
- All phrases start with news_ for your convenience.
- Download news_v2.4.zip and unzip it.
- Upload the Andy folder to your server. The correct location is library/Andy.
- From your Admin Control Panel, go to the "Install Add-on" page.
- Upload the addon-News_v2.4.xml file.
- Click the Install Add-on button.
- Category: This field allows you to categorize your news feeds. The order determines the News index category order.
- Image Link: Copy the library/Andy/News/news.jpg from the add-on directory to a web viewable directory of your choice and enter the link into the Options page.
- Category: Select a category from the drop down.
- Type: Most RSS feeds use the standard RSS XML format, so select "rss". If the feed is using an atom format, select "atom".
- Show Description: Some feeds show way too much information and are difficult to read, I suggest setting them to "no" so the description is not shown.
Set the two Group permissions:
This add-on creates a table called xf_news in your database.