- Compatible XF Versions 1.x
- 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5
XenForo prevents users from creating posts with no content. However there may be other types of invalid posts that you wish to prevent.
This add-on allows you to specify invalid posts using regular expressions, or "post guards". If a user attempts to submit a post which matches one of your post guards, it will fail and they will receive an error message that you specify for that post guard.
- In admin, go to Applications -> Post Guards -> Manage
- Click Create Post Guard.
- Give the post guard a label which describes what it does, a regex that matches an invalid post, and an error_phrase that should be returned to a user if the guard is triggered.
- Create a phrase with the name you specified (Appearance -> Phrases -> Create New Phrase), with the desired content.
Some useful regex may be listed in the FAQ for this resource.