- Compatible XF Versions 1.x
1.2, 1.3, 1.4
This add-on is no longer needed since the introduction of XenForo v1.5x. The new version of XenForo has a feature called New Posts which does the same thing.
Displays recent posts in the sidebar.
(Example of Recent Posts)
(Example of Options page)
(Example of User Group Permissions)
- View node permissions honored.
- All phrases start with recentposts_ for your convenience.
Questions and Answers:
Q: Will this work with other frameworks?
Q: Will this add-on slow page load times?
A: Yes. This add-on is best used on forum with fewer than 1 million posts.
- Download recentposts_v2.2.zip and unzip it.
- Upload the Andy directory to your server, the correct location is library/Andy.
- From your Admin Control Panel, go to the Install Add-on page.
- Upload the addon-RecentPosts_v2.2.xml file.
- Click the Install Add-on button.
This add-on requires the Sidebar Positions add-on located here:
User Group Permissions:
Normally the Unregistered/Unconfirmed user group is set to "Allow".