- Compatible XF Versions 2.x
- 2.0, 2.1
There are a few things for this script to work correctly:
- SMF 2.0 was using normal URLs, like "https://www.domain.com/smf/index.php?board=5.0"
So "Search engine friendly URLs" and other SEO/Pretty URL's where not enabled. You will need to change the script if you where using one of those.
- "Use full friendly URLs" in Xenforo is enabled
- During the import to Xenforo, you choose to retain ID's
- Both forums are installed in separate directories (or domains)
Download this script and modify to your needs.
Put it in the original location of your old SMF forum, overwriting the original index.php file.
You will need to change these variables in the script:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Please Log in or register now. Log in or register now.
Note 1: If you installed Xenforo in a subdirectory, you can use something like $redir_url = 'https://www.yourdomain.com/subdir';
Note 2: Make sure you use the same value for the number of messages per page for both forums.
So, if SMF was setup for 10 messages per page, you should do the same for Xenforo (Setup > Options > Threads > Discussions per page) and modify $threads_count to 10. This way you can also redirect thread pages correctly!
Examples of the redirections this script handles:
- Redirect boards:
https://www.yourdomain.com/smf/index.php?board=5.0 >>> /xenforo/forums/5/
- Redirect a specific message:
https://www.yourdomain.com/smf/index.php?msg=123 >>> /xenforo/posts/123/
- Redirect a specific message in a topic:
https://www.yourdomain.com/smf/index.php?topic=10.msg123 >>> /xenforo/posts/123
- Redirect to a specific page:
https://www.yourdomain.com/smf/index.php?topic=10.110 >>> /xenforo/threads/10/page-12
- Redirect profiles:
https://www.yourdomain.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=123 >>> /xenforo/members/123/
- If nothing matches, it will redirect to your default forum URL.