- Compatible XF Versions 1.x
- Additional Requirements
- php 5.4
Defines a "sessionCache" section in addition to of a "cache" section. Takes all the same options, except $config['cache']['cacheSessions']
- if no 'sessionCache' section is defined or it is disabled, falls back on existing cache/mysql storage
- Xenforo Session handling does not interact with php sessions
A migration script is provided which knows how to copy MySQL or Redis Cache sessions to the new Session Cach Configuration.
Copying memcache sessions is not supported.
For copying Redis/MySQL sessions to a separate cache: copy_sessions_to_cache.php
- Copy copy_sessions_to_cache.php to somewhere on the webserver.
- Edit the line:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Please Log in or register now. Log in or register now.
- Install add-on, configure sessionCache but disable.
- Run migration script.
- Configure sessionCache to be enabled.
- Note; some sessions will be lost, but not a large number.