- Compatible XF Versions 2.x
The ability to create each section of the group is fully usergroup permissions based. So if you don't want a user group to create a photo album, you just turn off that ability.
- Create Group Forum
- Create Group Discussion area*
- Create Group Photo Album (with photo comments)
- Create Group Event Calendar
- Limit number of groups a user can join
- Limit number of groups a user can create
- Add/Remove Group Moderators
- Groups can be open, private or invite only
- Transfer Group Ownership
- And more!
*Group discussions are totally separate from XenForo's node system and they are not interchangable. Think of group discussions as giant conversations (private or otherwise).
Changes not in XF 1.x version
- Moved group owner, group moderator and group member permissions from hard coded to admin area
- Group banners now resized and cropped to fit when uploaded
- Native XF tables no longer modified in any way
- Add/Remove moderators moved from owner tools to members tab menu
- Group discussions expanded to work just like a forum (but still not a forum)
Additions not in XF 1.x version
- Approve new members from member list
- Invited users shown in member list
- Large banner can now be displayed above group menu
- Event calendar
- Popular group display
- Google map BB Code
WARNING: If you are upgrading from the XF 1.x version, you must have been running version 1.4.0 or later of the XF 1.x add-on before upgrading to XenForo 2.0. If you were not, you will be unable to upgrade to this XF 2.x version.