Steam Authentication Version 1.4 and 1.5 is compatible with Xenforo 1.3.x and 1.4.x!(No longer supported once XenForo 1.5 is released)
Authenticate to your XenForo forum with Steam! Steam Authentication & Integration allows new and existing users to establish accounts via their Steam accounts using the Steam Web API. There are additional features such as: Steam statistics for your users; Generate notices for users based on steam data (ex. notices for people who own a specific game); Create trophies based on steam data (ex. trophy for associating a steam account to your xenforo account). Best of all, there are no template edits required!
This addon is a continuation of theoriginal Steam Authentication & Integrationaddon created by Morgan. If you have this version installed already, you can upgrade to this addon without the need to re-install. Just follow the upgrade steps below.
Table Of Contents
- Installation Steps
- Upgrade Steps
- Known Issues / Fixes
- Additional Information
- Single Sign On / Authentication via Steam
- Power by the Steam Web API
- No Template Hooks or Editing Required
- allow_url_fopen = 1 (On by default in PHP)
- Steam Web API Key
- Steam Web API Key
- Configure Prerequisites (if necessary)
- Upload files in the upload directory to your forum
- Install using the provided "addon-Steam.xml"
- Change options for "Steam Integration" as necessary
If your current version is < 1.50
- Delete root/js/steam directory (optional)
- Upload the upload directory to your forum (overwrite any files)
- Upgrade the addon using the provided "addon-Steam.xml" file
Steam Authentication & Integration can be configured inHome > Options > Steam Integrationunder the Admin Control Panel.
>> IMPORTANT <<
Make sure that you have a STEAM API KEY entered into the configuration options. This addon will NOT function properly without a valid API key.
>> /IMPORTANT <<
If you choose to display the steam statistics navbar tab, make sure to also give allow permissions to the appropriate user groups or users. Otherwise, they will not be able to view statistics. Permissions can be changed under the Users section in the ACP.
The same goes for steam profile banners. Permissions need to be configured to display them to users/groups.