- Compatible XF Versions 1.x
- 1.3, 1.4, 1.5
Imagine a thread with 100 image attachments, when a user loads the page, these images generate 100x6 = 600 queries in my DB servers (in full-size image mode). This's crazy!
This addon reduces the usual 6 queries per image to 1 per image, resulting in 83% less queries for busy, images-focused websites. Images will also be cached in client browsers to improve performance further.
WHAT DOES IT DO?
- Force image attachments work with Guest permission (Guests can view full image attachments without login logged in permission).
- Decrease to minimum queries for Image Attachment Display, in our test, we can save from 6 to 1 query per an image (in case of guests or logged in users without "Remember option").
- Add caching headers to images. Browsers won't load these images again if the same page reloaded.
- (New) Support CDN for attachment images. You can serve these images via CloudFront, MaxCDN or other CDN services.
To have all benefits of using this add-on, you should turn on Xenforo Caching feature for your forum (memcached, xcache,...).