vbRides is a vBulletin Garage plugin for vBulletin Suite 4 forum software. Members of your website can showcase their rides with the community. This is not a port or copy of another garage but a unique mod designed by a car guy for the car community. My intensions with vbrides is avoid the bloat of unneccesary extensions an keep a simple 'showcase' style garage.
I have wanted to build a 'garage' add-on since I first started with vbulletin an worked on something with Magnus ten years ago. It was Christeris new add-ons that had the style an layout that inspired me to create this new add-on. He has since abandon his work an given ozzy47 his code who has given me permission to use Christeris code to build a new garage add-on called "vbRides".
Due to starting with code from another project this add-on will remain free an not offered as a pro or lite edition. However there was extensive work writing vbrides an would appreciate your support.
- User management of rides through the User Control Panel
- Fourty fields of specifications to fill out for a detailed ride profile.
- Support for an audio clip embeded with the HTML5 audio player.
- Ride owners can add a single YouTube video.
- RSS feed for new rides with photo, title, an description.
- Searchable fields include owner, VIN, and keywords.
- Unlimited categories an subcategories.
- Lightbox presentation of ride images
- Create new ride thread in a specified forum showing the ride year, make, model, an it's main image with a short description.
- Up to 5 ride listings can be automatically generated an added to owners forum signature.
- Social Media block can either use AddThis account or choose Twitter, Google, Pin It, an Facebook like buttons.
- Owners ride listings tab can be shown on thier user profile.
- Vehicle of the day within it's category added with cron.
- Extra fields can be added under the user stats block.
- SEO Friendly URLs has not been tested an should be considered under development.
- Custom Facebook Open Graph isn't working as intended.
Future Plans / Wishlist
- Drag Strip stats, an extension to add drag racing information with timeslip images.
- Modification system, an extension to add searchable database based on the parts. So a holley carb install would be linked to other rides who have done the same install.
- Add activity stream support
- Download and unzip the file 'product-vbRides_x.x.x.zip'
- Upload the content of upload folder to your existing vBulletin directory. If your admincp folder is renamed from default manually move vbrides_admin.php to it.
- CMOD 777 the directories:
- Goto Admincp, Plugins & Products > Manage Products > Add/Import Product and import product-vbrides.xml
- Set the various settings in vbRides
- Set Usergroup permissions See Post
vbRides Instructional & Demo Videos
vbRides Instructional & Demo Videos
You don't have permission to view the code content. Please Log in or register now. Log in or register now.
- Version 1.0.1
- Updated functions_vbrides.php to correct missing deleteDir() function
- Fixed template bugs in 'vbrides_view_ride', 'vbrides_my_comments_bit'
- Added post new ride button to front page in 'vbrides_rightside' template
- Product xml should now install on forums without cms although template is still added
- Version 1.0.2
- Updated vbrides.php, vbrides_modcp.php, vbrides_usercp.php to fix bugs with comments
- Updated add_rides_forumhome.php to hide block if no rides to show
- Changed the moderate.png from site_icon folder to a filled in comment bubble
- Version 1.0.3
- Added hard coded avatar width in comments to avoid breaking the layout
- Redesigned how thumbnail images are made, now set a fixed height an width
- Reworked RSS feed, now 100% validates so should work as intended
- Fixed various bugs, so reupload all files
- Version 1.0.4
- Inserted link to "AddThis" in AddThis profile ID description
- Fixed Show Empty Categories to work as intended
- Removed removeslash function as it didn't work on all servers causing fatal error
- Removed bbc table structure in new ride forum post template to work with TapaTalk
- Added min/max character info to small description input description so users are aware
- Added style variables for adjusting the rating text in view ride page
- Reworked pm and new thread code an phrase template
- Edited moderate.png, moderated.png, and stars.gif
- Fixed broken style in member ride tab caused by last update
- Rewrote vbrides_stats.php to correctly count photos and main images as total images
- Fixed various bugs, reupload all files