I have wanted to build a 'garage' add-on since I first started with vbulletin an worked on something with Magnus ten years ago. It was Christeris new add-ons that had the style an layout that inspired me to create this new add-on. He has since abandon his work an given ozzy47 his code who has given me permission to use Christeris code to build a new garage add-on called "vbRides".
Due to starting with code from another project this add-on will remain free an not offered as a pro or lite edition. However there was extensive work writing vbrides an would appreciate your support.
- User management of rides through the User Control Panel
- Forty fields of specifications to fill out for a detailed ride profile.
- Support for an audio clip embedded with the HTML5 audio player.
- Ride owners can add a single YouTube video.
- RSS feed for new rides with photo, title, an description.
- Searchable fields include owner, VIN, and keywords.
- Unlimited categories an subcategories.
- Lightbox presentation of ride images
- Create new ride thread in a specified forum showing the ride year, make, model, an it's main image with a short description.
- Up to 5 ride listings can be automatically generated an added to owners forum signature.
- Social Media block can either use AddThis account or choose Twitter, Google, Pin It, an Facebook like buttons.
- Owners ride listings tab can be shown on their user profile.
- Vehicle of the day within it's category added with cron.
- Extra fields can be added under the user stats block.
- SEO Friendly URLs has not been tested an should be considered under development.
- Custom Facebook Open Graph isn't working as intended.
- Signature hook is only showing ride for first post. To Fix Plugin Manager > Edit Plugin vbRides: Postbit, Signatures and PM's, Remove the "_once" from require_once.
- Missing side padding for text in side blocks with last update.
- Drag Strip stats, an extension to add drag racing information with timeslip images.
- Modification system, an extension to add searchable database based on the parts. So a Holley carb install would be linked to other rides who have done the same install.
- Add activity stream support
- Download and unzip the file 'product-vbRides_x.x.x.zip'
- Upload the content of upload folder to your existing vBulletin directory. If your admincp folder is renamed from default manually move vbrides_admin.php to it.
- CMOD 777 the directories:
- Goto Admincp, Plugins & Products > Manage Products > Add/Import Product and import product-vbrides.xml
- Set the various settings in vbRides
- Set Usergroup permissions