However, by default, we have replaced the Flash-based attachment uploader with an HTML5-based approach. This has increased compatibility with mobile devices and removes Flash as a dependency for multiple file uploads. The Flash-based uploader is now deprecated. While the HTML5 uploader is enabled by default, you can change back to the previous uploader code by disabling the "Use new HTML5 uploader" option. Generally this should not be necessary; however it's possible the new uploader may not be immediately compatible with all add-ons. If you run into problems uploading files in an add-on, you may wish to disable this option. Note that we have released updates to XenForo Media Gallery and Resource Manager that improve compatibility with the HTML5 uploader.
Some of the changes in this release include:
- Add a CAPTCHA to account confirmation email resending if you've previously requested a resend recently to limit potential abuse.
- Limit the number of times you can change your email within a short period of time to limit potential abuse.
- Insert user change log records when two-step verification is enabled/disabled.
- Log profile post and profile post comment edits to the moderator log for consistency.
- Improved PHP 7.1 support with memory limit checks and numeric input handling.
- Allow autolinking to include links containing "[" characters.
- Allow the bounce parser to identify several other bounce message patterns.
- Maintain ICC profiles when using the Imagick image processor only if supported by Imagick.
- Move the Facebook logo sprite to be served locally as the existing URL no longer functions. (Note: this requires a new image within your image path: xenforo/connect_sprite.png.)
- Add some padding around the message content element to prevent characters from being cut off in certain specific cases.
- Fix sizing of the attachment thumbnail placeholder for non-image attachments when using a large thumbnail size.
- In messages, only output the "person" metadata for registered members.
- If the internal data path is a non-local path, ensure we use a local path for temporary files.
- Adjust several phrases to use the more general wording of "the site" rather than "the board".
The following templates have had changes:
Please note that we are now formally recommending that you upgrade to PHP 5.4 or newer. Our intention with XenForo 2.0 is to require PHP 5.4 or newer. If you are running PHP 5.3 or 5.2, you will receive a warning when installing or upgrading XenForo.