For a much more detailed overview of what GDPR is and what new features have been added, please read the following thread Upcoming changes for GDPR compliance in XF1.
A summary of the changes in this release for XF1:
- New notice position "Fixed" which fixes notices to the bottom of the page.
- GDPR: Ability to mark change log entries as "protected" so they will never be pruned
- GDPR: More detailed cookie notice which has to be explicitly acknowledged. It will appear in the new "Fixed" notice position.
- GDPR: Updated default Cookie help page text.
- GDPR: When deleting a user, give an option to change their name in order to anonymize content they have created.
- GDPR: Functionality to allow very basic personal details to be exported in XML format on one forum and imported into another to comply with data portability.
- GDPR: Require explict consent when registering and only log acceptance if consent was given.
- GDPR: New option to show "Require site email" option to be filled in during registration (with consent date being logged if appropriate).
- GPDR: Add a new option to anonymise IP addresses for Google Analytics.
Full details for how to install and upgrade XenForo can be found in the XenForo Manual.
Note that when upgrading from XenForo 1.x, all add-ons will be disabled and style customizations will not be maintained. New versions of add-ons will need to be installed and customizations will need to be redone. We strongly recommended that you make a backup before attempting an upgrade. Once upgraded, you will not be able to downgrade without restoring from a backup.