- Support for "resilient" schema changes in the schema manager. We now detect what changes are necessarily and silently ignore the ones that aren't. As an example, this prevents issues with alters if the schema doesn't match your expectations exactly.
- A template extension point concept has been added. These are comments in the HTML that can be used as targets for template modifications, generally in places that would be otherwise difficult to target. They take the form <!--[XF:extension_nameptional_part]-->. Note that these will not be present in the final, rendered page output.
- The nested set system used by nodes has been refactored into a more generic system. Any add-ons using a nested set system to create a tree of categories can use the associated behavior and service (along with the general tree object) to reuse most of the code necessary to implement this structure.
- Search data handlers now need to implement the getMetaData method which defines the structure of the metadata components they use. This can be used by alternative search handlers to structure the index more efficiently.
- The followModerationRules permission has been renamed to submitWithoutApproval (and the phrase has been changed too). The functionality here isn't changed; it's just reworded to hopefully be clearer.
Installing the new release
As per the initial developer preview announcement, there are no upgrade options between developer previews. As such, our recommended course of action is a fresh install (in a new directory) or a re-installation (in the existing directory). If you are doing a reinstallation in this manner, you should pay attention to our specific reinstallation guidelines.
Note that you must do a fresh install due to some of the underlying changes made.