- Compatible XF Versions 2.x
Some of the changes include:
- Many importer-related improvements and bug fixes.
- Prevent errors if the set_time_limit function is disabled. Warn during installation and upgrades if this is true.
- When cleaning up permissions in the control panel, remove orphaned permission entries to prevent unexected indications that a user/group have custom permissions.
- Move the page background to p-pageWrapper element to prevent it from shifting when an overlay is displayed.
- Fix the maximum messages criteria not being evaluated properly.
- Do not include your own actions in your news feed any longer.
- Correctly apply nofollow to links in BB code content (staff members links will be followed by default, as in XenForo 1).
- Update the version of the of the underlying Froala library used by the rich text editor to resolve several issues.
- Allow the specific sendmail path in use to be configured via config.php.
- Attempt to prevent errors if the PHP configured path does not include a -t argument.
- Do not allow global keyboard shortcuts to triggered when focus is in a <select> menu.
- Prevent animation in certain circumstances to workaround an iOS issue with scrollable overlays.
- Prevent page jumping on load in Firefox due to single-line textareas.
- When upgrading, attempt to rename the XenForo 1.x config file to reduce confusion. Add a notice in the control panel if this file still exists.
- Add a new xf-designer:rebuild-metadata CLI command to rebuild metadata hashes based on the file system content in designer mode.
- Adjust dynamic redirects when editing a phrase, template and user to be more expected.
- Prevent a race condition where deleted content could error when being actioned in the approval queue.
- Ensure that permissions are checked in all scenarios when actioning content in the approval queue.
- Prevent an error in the approval queue template when a user is being manually approved for non-spam reasons.
- Remove accidental debug code that was displayed when the forum was set to display new posts by default.
- Fix a situation where the wrong template would be edited when it shared names with a template of a different type.
- Ensure that development output is not written when importing an add-on from the release data.
- Do not maintain p-navEl-link related classes in the off canvas navigation menu.
- Do not autofocus the status update input when opening the visitor menu.
- Ensure that the signature link in the visitor menu is only displayed when the visitor has the necessary permissions.
- Fix an incorrect link in the email bounce notice.
- Ensure that the normal font weight style property is applied at the root element so changes cascade.
- Prevent invalid values from being set for the font weight style properties.
- Fix input stepping and validation with number-limited custom fields.
- Remove an unexpected unique key on widget definitions.
- Correct the link to cancel a recurring PayPal purchase.
- Handle cancelled reversals (such as when you win a dispute) properly in PayPal.
- Prevent an error if a payment processor callback is received about a user upgrade that no longer exists.
- Prevent an error in templates if an attachment is rendered when the underlying attachment data record is missing.
- Prevent an error when saving a custom BB code when associated with an add-on with a long ID.
- Prevent an error from the tag results cache due to a race condition.
- Repeat user name and email uniqueness validation when pre-saving to reduce the window of a race condition.
- Prevent possible errors from getimagesize when provided with an invalid image.
- Fix an error that prevented searching for users with a specific post count (be that 0 or any other specific number).
- Automatically close the smilie box when submitting a reply.
- Fix an error related to the SMF authentication scheme.
- Fix handling of array-based, multi-file uploads in PHP.
- Properly catch an error when building an add-on if the minifier service cannot be contacted.
- Handle failure when attempting to import an RSS feed more gracefully.
- Ensure that the CLI installer provides a default email if one is not provided.
- Allow custom code language support to be added more easily.
- Add support for explicitly closing database connections.
- Indicate when editing a cron tasks that the times represent UTC.
- Remove the "s" accesskey from various locations as it can cause conflicts.
- Ensure that the content of the code BB code is displayed LTR to allow a horizontal scrollbar to be displayed as needed.
- Slightly adjust the vertical alignment of button icons to make them slightly more consistent across browsers.
- Update various links to external services to their current URLs.
- Ensure an image is included in the metadata for a thread.
- Prevent inline editing from being triggered twice in certain scenarios.
- Adjust how some JS animations are triggered to prevent problems when trying to cancel/interrupt them.
- Improve detection of the base URL in certain obscure server setups.
The following public templates have had changes:
As always, new releases of XenForo are free to download for all customers with active licenses, who may now grab the new version from the customer area.
Download XenForo 2.0.1
Download Official Add-ons
Note: add-ons and customizations made for XenForo 1.x will not be compatible with XenForo 2. If your site relies upon add-ons for essential functionality, ensure that a XenForo 2 version of the add-on is available before you start to upgrade. Style customizations will need to be redone and will not be maintained after the upgrade. We strongly recommend you make a backup before attempting an upgrade.
Please note that XenForo 2.0 has higher system requirements than XenForo 1.x. We will be updating the requirements test script in the near future to reflect this. The following are minimum requirements:
- PHP 5.4 or newer
- MySQL 5.5 and newer
- All of the official add-ons require XenForo 2.0.
- Enhanced Search requires at least Elasticsearch 2.0.
Full details of how to install and upgrade XenForo can be found in the XenForo 2 Manual.
Note that when upgrading from XenForo 1.x, all add-ons will be disabled and style customizations will not be maintained. New versions of add-ons will need to be installed and customizations will need to be redone. We strongly recommended that you make a backup before attempting an upgrade. Once upgraded, you will not be able to downgrade without restoring from a backup.
Installation, Upgrading and Configuration of Add-ons
XenForo 2 add-ons have a standard structure so installation and upgrade processes will generally be the same for all add-ons. General add-on installation and upgrade instructions can be found in the XenForo 2 Manual.
Within the manual, there are specific pages discussing how each add-on can be used and configured.