Some of the changes in 2.0.4 include:
- Prevent errors when CLI jobs run and return a phrase as a status message.
- Prevent infinite loops when CLI jobs run and resume with a continue date in the future.
- Fix error on contact form when validating.
- Cached add-on entries could be used to build the active add-on cache with outdated information.
- When merging templates, ensure that the version details are updated accordingly, even if the template itself hasn't been changed.
- Remove unused duplicate method in the upgrader.
- No longer force avatar dimensions to be no more than two times the opposite dimension.
- Do not attempt to display content moderators if the associated content handler is unavailable (such as when it belongs to a disabled add-on.)
- Add new phrase "month" for consistency with other time/date units which have singular and plural phrases.
Please note that XenForo 2.0.x has higher system requirements than XenForo 1.x.
The forthcoming XenForo 2.1.x release will have higher system requirements again (PHP 5.6).
The following are minimum requirements:
- PHP 5.4 or newer (PHP 7.2 recommended)
- MySQL 5.5 and newer (Also compatible with MariaDB/Percona etc.)
- All of the official add-ons require XenForo 2.0.
- Enhanced Search requires at least Elasticsearch 2.0.
Full details of how to install and upgrade XenForo can be found in the XenForo 2 Manual.
Note that when upgrading from XenForo 1.x, all add-ons will be disabled and style customizations will not be maintained. New versions of add-ons will need to be installed and customizations will need to be redone. We strongly recommended that you make a backup before attempting an upgrade. Once upgraded, you will not be able to downgrade without restoring from a backup.