- Additional Requirements
- This is only beta version will be free!
- The schema manager change system will now identify conflicting tables or columns and rename them instead of stopping with an error. If this happens, an entry will be added to the server error log.
- The add-on install/upgrade/uninstall system now tracks the last step that was completed. If a user receives an error and later comes back to retry that same action, the action will resume from the first step that hasn't been run yet.
XenForo 2.0 is a significant upgrade from 1.x. Add-ons and customizations made for XenForo 1.x will not be compatible. Style customizations will need to be redone and will not be maintained after the upgrade. We strongly recommend you make a backup before attempting an upgrade.
This is beta software. It is not officially supported. We do not recommend running it in production.
Important: please always use corresponding versions of the official add-ons with the XenForo 2.0.0 beta releases. If you choose to use the beta/release candidate releases, you should always use the most recent version of all components.
Please note that XenForo 2.0 has higher system requirements than XenForo 1.x. We will be updating the requirements test script in the near future to reflect this. The following are minimum requirements:
- PHP 5.4 or newer
- MySQL 5.5 and newer
- All of the add-ons listed here require XenForo 2.0.
- Enhanced Search requires at least Elasticsearch 2.0
Installation and Upgrade Instructions for XenForo 2.0
Full details for how to install and upgrade XenForo can be found in the XenForo Manual. While XenForo 2 has a different appearance compared to XenForo 1, the installation and upgrade process is largely unchanged.
Installation, Upgrading and Configuration of Add-ons
To upgrade or install these add-ons, you should upload the contents of the upload folder (not the upload folder itself) to the root XenForo directory. It is important that the files you upload are "merged" with the existing files on your server; no files on the server should be deleted as part of your upload.
Once uploaded, head to the add-ons section of your control panel. The add-ons should be listed as installable or upgradable. If they are not, please confirm that you uploaded them to the correct location.
Please remember that this is beta software. It contains known bugs and incomplete functionality. We do not recommend or support running beta software in a production environment. Support for beta releases is limited to questions here on the community forums.