Yoast SEO 12.7 is out today — signalling the last release of 2019. This release is all about cleaning up and fixing bugs. Since we have a two-week release schedule, we can quickly respond to any bug we might find.
Fixes a bug where sub-sitemaps were rendered for non-public custom post types.
Fixes a bug where nested gallery images were not included in the image count in the sitemap.
Fixes a bug where the notification center ‘dismiss’ and ‘restore’ buttons had no focus style.
After releasing several updates to our snippet preview in previous releases, Yoast SEO 12.4 now shows an image for your post in the mobile snippet preview, just like Google would. We have several other improvements and fixes for you in store with Yoast SEO 12.4. Find out more in [our 12.4 release post](https://yoa.st/release-12-4)!
* Adds "schema" as keyword to the structured data blocks to make them show up for that search term in the block search as well.
* Adds an image to the mobile snippet preview for posts and terms.
* Changes the readability score for empty content from "Needs Improvement" with a red icon to "Not Available" with a gray icon. Props to [emilyatmobtown](https://github.com/emilyatmobtown).
* Updates the URLs used to ping Google and Bing about the location of a sitemap. Props to [@emilyatmobtown](https://github.com/emilyatmobtown).
* Makes the notice about running an old WordPress version more specific by showing the installed WordPress version and the latest WordPress version.
* Adds information about enabling Open Graph to the Twitter settings. Props to [@stevenfranks](https://github.com/stevenfranks).
* Fixes a bug where no Twitter and Facebook image could be set for attachment pages.
* Fixes a bug where a nested paragraph would be present in the "noindex" metabox warning.
* Fixes a bug where Google+ data would still be exported in the settings export.
Yoast SEO 11.6 is out today. Of course, we did the regular round of bug fixing, but the focus of this release is two-fold: a new, much easier to use tabbed interface for the meta box and an updated HowTo structured data content block for WordPress. Find out all about Yoast SEO 11.6 in [our 11.6 release post](https://yoa.st/release-11-6)!
* Changes the tabs in the metabox to horizontal tabs.
* Splits the content optimization tab in the metabox into two separate tabs: an SEO and a Readability tab.
* Updates HowTo schema output to reflect Google's new guidelines.
* Makes sure the media modal that is triggered for image uploads only displays images.
* Fixes a bug where the Schema `@id` for `Person` would be incorrect on posts when author archives where disabled.
* Fixes a bug where the Schema would contain `WebPage` instead of `CollectionPage` for a latest posts homepage and the static posts page type.
* Fixes a bug where the Organization and Article Schema nodes would incorrectly be output when a website had not set their organization's name and/or logo.
* Fixes a bug where the eye marker tooltips would break out of the metabox, which would hide the last part of the tooltip text.
* Fixes a bug where instances of unfiltered HTML would be allowed in term descriptions where they shouldn't be.
* Fixes a bug where the metabox would be empty on WordPress versions below 5.0.
* Fixes a bug where the metabox would be empty when both the classic editor plugin as well as the Gutenberg plugin were installed.
* Introduces a notification that encourages updating to the latest WordPress version.
We've made huge changes to the schema.org markup we output, adding multiple different types of Schema. Be sure to check [our posts on yoast.com about this release](https://yoa.st/schema-release-post)!
* Schema changes:
* Adds `Person` markup for author pages.
* Adds `WebPage` markup for all pages.
* Adds `Article` markup for posts, with `Person` markup for the author.
* Changes the ‘Organization or Person’ section of the Knowledge graph settings to allow selecting an author that is the ‘Person’ that the website represents.
* Adds MySpace, SoundCloud, Tumblr and YouTube URL input fields to people’s profiles.
* Fixes an issue where the metabox would not display on term edit pages when running the development build of Gutenberg.
* Reverted a fix relating replacement variables on the block editor, which was causing a slow and unworkable editting experience.
* Fixes a bug where the license information from MyYoast is being saved aggressively, causing updates in MyYoast to take 24 hours to show up in the site.
* Fixes a bug where the `rel="publisher"` Google+ tag was being output on the frontend if that profile was provided in the past.
* Fixes a bug where the server could experience a high load when using external object cache.
* Fixes the bug where Yoast SEO would contact Yoast.com for license checks on specific Yoast-pages even when no Yoast addons are installed.
* As there are already a lot of users who are participating in testing, we currently have enough input to start preparing for the release of the improved analysis.
* Removes the ability to enable beta testing for new installations.
* When the feature is disabled, the ability to re-enable it will disappear.