- Compatible XF Versions
- 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5
Do you run a movie review or discussion site? Always copying and pasting information from The Movie Database to your new threads? Or, maybe you just want a place on your site to discuss movies with friends.
Then this add-on is for you!
The TMDb Thread Starter allows you to enter the movie ID or the entire link to the movie at TMDb into your new thread, add whatever comments you like and post the new thread. The TMDb Thread Starter will import all of the information for your movie into the first post of the new thread.
- Optionally makes the new thread title the name of the movie.
- Automatically populates the top of the first post with the movie poster and information.
- Automatically displays the movie poster and information in forum thread list.
- Checks for duplicate movies and changes a new thread to a post in existing thread if found
- What information is imported into the first post is admin selectable.
- Ability to search Genre, Director and Title in forum thread list.
- Information shown in forum thread list is admin selectable.
- Choose multiple forums as movie forums.
- Limit forums to specific movie genres.
- Award trophy points for starting movie threads.
- Images may be stored locally or obtained from The Movie Database cloud.
- Information import support for any ISO-639-1 language.
This has been tested and works with XenForo versions 1.1.3, 1.1.5, 1.2.x, and 1.3.x
You can see this add-on in action at my site. TMDb Movie Thread Starter
A TMDb API Key
Server must have cURL installed