Please note that we are now formally recommending that you upgrade to PHP 5.4 or newer. Our intention with XenForo 2.0 is to require PHP 5.4 or newer. If you are running PHP 5.3 or 5.2, you will receive a warning when installing or upgrading XenForo.
Add-on developers: there are some serialization compatibility changes in 1.5.3. Please see this thread for details as you may need to check your add-ons or make changes.
Some of the bugs fixed in 1.5.3 include:
- Add beta importers for IPB 4.0/4.1 and phpBB 3.1.
- When using the mail queue and bulk email systems, if an error is received emailing a user, attempt to establish a new transport connection and resend the email. This should help resolve issues where SMTP connections are closed unexpectedly.
- Added sanity checks to ensure that serialized data is an array (containing only simple data within) in numerous places. (This may cause an error with add-ons that have incorrectly specified option definitions.)
- When associating an external account with an existing account, you must already be logged into the target account to ensure two-step verification is respected.
- Add dir="auto" to the sidebar online users list to ensure mixed LTR and RTL usernames do not interact.
- Improve results when pasting into the RTE from certain programs (such as PHPStorm).
- Fix converting links to page titles when the title tag is found more than 20KB into the page (such as on Amazon pages).
- Prevent a fatal error if an import remains unfinished but the importer has been removed.
- Do not automatically apply avatars during registration if the user doesn't have permission.
- Prevent an error in the user change log when a user has changed a custom field option that no longer exists.
- Do not display the RTE to Firefox mobile due to cursor issues.
The following templates have had changes:
All customers with active licenses may now download the new version from the customer area.
Download XenForo 1.5.3
From the Licensed Customer Area
This release follows our principle that third-point (x.x.X) releases should always be more stable than the preceding version, so for the most part you will not find new features in this release. Major new features will be reserved for second point versions (x.X.x).
Installation and Upgrade Instructions
Full details for how to install and upgrade XenForo can be found in the XenForo Manual.
You don't have permission to view the code content. Please Log in or register now. Log in or register now.