- Compatible XF Versions 2.x
Allows searching posts and thread titles using exact text.
(Example of Advanced search link in navigation bar)
(Example of Advanced search page)
(Example of Advanced search page results)
(Example of Options page)
(Example of User group permissions)
- Advanced search link is added to your Forums tab navigation bar.
- Exact text searching.
- Case insensitive.
- Accent insensitive.
- Search posts or titles.
- Search all forums or only those you select.
- Search by tags.
- Search by username option.
- Search word not required.
- Ability to create predefined search links.
- All phrases start with advancedsearch_ for your convenience.
- Download Andy-AdvancedSearch-1.9.zip and unzip it.
- Copy the src/addons/Andy/AdvancedSearch directory to your server.
- From the Admin Control Panel Install the add-on.
Q: Will search text be found in private forums?
A: Only if viewer has view privilege for that forum.
Q: Will search text be found in soft deleted posts?
Q: Can I enter any search text including parenthesis, quotes, slashes and similar text?
Q: Can I enter partial words?
Q: Does this add-on require Enhanced Search?
Q: What is the purpose of the Form action in the Options page?
A: If you select 'get' you can capture the link used in a specific search. This allows you to create links to specific search results.