- Compatible XF Versions 1.x
- 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5
The Convert Image add-on will convert hot linked images in messages to attachments. Hot linked images are those images that have been inserted using the Image icon in the editor toolbar.
The Convert Image All add-on will convert all hot linked images on your forum. It is also very useful to use every few months to verify all images have been properly converted to attachments.
(Example of attachment)
- Linked images are immediately converted after message is saved.
- Images resizing is done with ImageMagick for best quality.
- Images resized to maximum width and height settings in Admin Control Panel.
- Setting for inserting full-size or thumbnail attachments.
- Setting for temporary image path.
- Setting for optional log file.
- Setting for ImageMagick environment path.
- Attachment links automatically removed on full size attachments.
- Requires ImageMagick to be enabled on your server.
- Requires the ability to execute the PHP exec() command.
This add-on requires a restricted Maximum Attachment Image Dimensions setting. You cannot use 0 or blank as an option. I suggest using 1600 x 1600.
Admin CP -> Home -> Options -> Attachments
Convert Image Options:
- Download convertimage_v3.7.zip and unzip it.
- Upload the Andy folder to your server. The correct location will be library/Andy.
- From your Admin Control Panel, go to the "Install Add-on" page.
- Upload the addon-ConvertImage_v3.7.xml file.
- Click the Install Add-on button.
Q: Some hot linked image are not converted, why is this?
A: If a hot linked image is corrupt and internal information about width and height are not able to be read, those images are not converted and will require manual conversion.
Q: Why isn't GD supported?
A: GD does a terrible job of creating large images.
Q: Can files in the /tmp/ directory be deleted?
Q: Are attachments reused, meaning if the same attachment is located in several posts does each one use up disk space?
A: Each attachment is saved separately, however this is not a problem these days as disk space is so inexpensive.