- Compatible XF Versions 2.x
This XF2 add-on along with the entire collection can be purchased for $25.00 USD. Your Premium upgrade will allow you to download as many XF2 add-ons as you like for one year. Please see the entire collection located in the Resources area at this URL:
Note: all my XF1 add-ons are still 100% free and are supported by donations.
Displays a random post every 10 minutes.
The post is selected from a forum defined in the Options page. The first post of the thread is selected at random and will be displyed in the forum list or other widget location.
(Example of Featured posts)
(Example of Options page)
(Example of User group permissions)
- Cron Entry will rotate posts every 10 minutes.
- All phrases start with featuredposts_ for your convenience.
- Download Andy-FeaturedPosts-1.5.zip and unzip it.
- Copy the src/addons/Andy/FeaturedPosts directory to your server.
- From the Admin Control Panel Install the add-on.
- Admin Control Panel -> Appearance -> Widgets
- Widget definition = Featured posts
- Widget key = featured_posts
- Title = (leave blank)
- Display in positions = Forum list: Above nodes
- Click Save.
Normally the following two groups are set to Yes:
Unregistered / Unconfirmed