- Compatible XF Versions 2.x
Adds Amazon affiliate ID to links in messages.
The Amazon parser add-on is used to convert Amazon links immediately after a message is saved. The converted links will include your Amazon affiliate ID.
(Example of Options page)
(Example of User group permissions)
- Different affiliate IDs can be added for each country.
- Adds affiliate ID to Amazon product links.
- Deletes any existing affiliate ID and adds your affiliate ID.
- User group permissions allow bypass.
- All phrases start with amazonparser_ for your convenience.
- Download Andy-AmazonParser-1.1.zip and unzip it.
- Copy the src/addons/Andy/AmazonParser directory to your server.
- From the Admin Control Panel Install the add-on.
When a member pastes one or more Amazon URLs into a message (after saving message), the add-on will parse the message looking for Amazon product links and make appropriate updates. A product link will have /dp/ or /gp/ in the URL.
User group permissions:
Normally you will not be required to change User group permissions. However the add-on has the ability to "Bypass" the default behavior and not parse the Amazon link, this can be useful in situations where you would like certain user groups to use their own affiliate ID. The "Bypass" permission would be set to Allow for that user group.